MY SILENT RETREAT

CLICK ON PICTURE TO ENLARGE
Well my silent retreat was as nice and refreshing as always. I don't know why people think it's hard for me to be silent. I love to spend time with the Lord! He wants to talk to us. If we can't hear him He's not the problem we are! It's a time for reflecting and pondering what the Lord has done for me and what he wants to do!
The director, Fr. Michael Shea is so nice and funny! I also loved the retreat master, Fr.Thomas
Finley. He has been a priest for almost 55 years! He was a Latin teacher. He taught us about the Eucharist using the encyclical written by Pope John Paul II. We all had the opportunity to go confession which I did and to receive the anointing of the sick. I took advantage of that as well. So I took part in three of the sacraments this weekend. What a blessing!
A nice surprise was my good friend, Mary Speicher's mom, Lucy was there along with one of Mary's sister's and daughter, Katrina. Katrina is fourteen and it did my heart to see such a nice young teenager spend time with the Lord and dressed so modestly! I thanked her for her example! The Lord must be so pleased with the young girls who don't buy into this seductive culture that we live in! They are being Mary's instead of Eve's. That is what I use to tell the girl's I taught. We can either be a Mary and lead other's to Jesus or be an Eve and lead them into temptation.
The cost is only $75 dollars! Where else can you go for two nights and all your meals for that
price! Check it out

Comments

Popular Posts