Lunch

Ok I'm blogging on my lunch hour and listening to Rush. Yes I like Rush. It helps me to stay up to date on what is going on in the Political world. Yesterday was a hard day. I felt like such a failure. I go to meetings for work in St.Johns for Clinton County and I so AM NOT an idea person! So many of these people are movers and shakers and have wonderful ideas. It's just not my gift! I find my self sinning at times because I so which I had other people's gifts. Then last night I got elected to be secretary at Clinton Transit because I'm on the board. But I ONLY agreed to it when it was decided that one of the staff can take notes instead of me. If you have not noticed I don't have good grammer and I can't spell. Also it's hard for me to listen
to people on sometimes complicated issues and then record it. So I was assured I just have to review the notes that someone else takes and sign my name once it awhile (I can do that!)

I don't think I'm the only one that envies other people's gifts...but we need to appreciated the gifts our Lord has given to each of us. I like people and can relate well to them. I think my gifts
would really grow if my job where some kind of ministry in the church...because it is the spiritual which really excites me. I like giving talks about God. I like teaching the girls.....those things come easy to me.........So what are your gifts? A good writer, organizer, mother, father, friend, financial whiz, math whiz, gererous? Rejoice in the gifts our Lord has given each of you:)

It was my sister Linda and my cousin Cindy's birthday on Januaray 9th. Sisters had babies on the same day. My mom actually took her sister (Aunt Alice) to the hospital (baby came early, Ed (husband ) in Lansing working......I'm sure on his way) When they arrived they wanted to know which one was there to deliver. Then later that day my mom went back and had Linda:) My dad went to visit my Aunt Alice and asked what they needed their daughter and she said Linda. Well my dad said they had just named their daughter Linda. Aunt Alice was nice enough to change the babies name to Cindy. Now you know the rest of the story:) Brenda and I are going to take Linda out to dinner tongiht. It's such a gift to have sisters! I feel sorry for those kids who have only two children in the family.........sibblings are a gift and I wish I had more of them:)

Comments

Popular Posts