More on My Mom

Below is what others wrote about my mom the 15th anniversary of her death:

Rosie Nobach:
Amber said she cried Easter Morning in DeWitt when they played "on eagles wings" because it will always make her think of Jeannie. Then she looked over and saw Toots (who looks so much like her) and she said then she really started to cry. I'm so glad she still has such wonderful memories of her even as young as she was. Doesn't time just fly???I can't imagine how much you must miss her. Take care.

Rosie Hambleton:
I think of Jean often. I was always amazed by here optimistic attitude. With the problems she had to deal with, she never seemed down about. I look forward
to the day we unite with all of our dead relatives and friends - but not too soon, I hope.


Amber Nobach
Hi Lisa!!! Not a day goes by that I don't think of that special, amazing woman, especially today! I actually broke down in church 2 weekends ago. I saw Toots walk in and I started thinking about what it would be like if Jeanie were still here and how great it would be to have her at my wedding. It didn't take long before the tears started pouring! Then... to top it off, they played "On Eagles Wings." I haven't heard that song once since her funeral without bawling. By the time mass was over, I was a mess!! And poor Caleb had no clue what was going on. Anyways, I just want you to know that your mom is not, and never will be forgotten!!!!!

Comments

Jane said…
What a beautiful tribute, Lisa! And just so you know - your mom's grandkids DO know her. They know you, and your brother and sisters.

Your mom has been a great inspiration to me. I met her once - at brunch in Steubenville. But I feel like I know her from my many conversations with you about her.

These are the things I remember... The time your dad called about 10 times right in a row from the nursing home and your mom picked up the phone each time and talked to him lovingly as if it was the first time he called. Also the fight you had with the hospital and hospice to keep her fed and hydrated, demanded she go to the hospital and then seeing her WALK OUT and then have the privilege and honor of dying on Good Friday (after seeing St. Joseph at her bedside).

I hope I'm remembering everything correctly. But one thing I absolutely remember because I was there. Me coming back to my dying mother's apartment and seeing you kneeling at her feet, telling her what you wanted her to tell your mom once she got to heaven! Priceless. And what you wanted was increased prayers for a husband. And didn't they both come through? Because I know my mom joined her in the prayers :)

Thanks for your love of family, Lisa. It is a wonderful example and inspiration for all those who know you.
Lisa said…
Jane I so love you! I remember when you met my mom:) I remember your mom as well! She also had to raise you guys alone for many years! I'm so looking forward to heaven! Yes everything is correct!

Popular Posts