Saturday Night

From the suggestion of a friend I added some pictures of our animals. Abby will be two on April 9th which is also the Birthday of my late Aunt Alice Schnieder (my mom's sister). Danny the one sleeping is 9 and Zack the big one is a stray we took in 5 years ago and estimate him to be 6. The two cats don't like each other and that is putting it mildly! We had to have their front teeth shaved down because they kept biting and infecting each other. When we first got Zack he didn't even know how to play.....well Charlie has changed that! He now plays and is such a lover (except when relating to the other two animals in the house.

It's Saturday night. We went to Church and Father Dennis gave a nice sermon on Baptism and how we should be transformed. I think most people go through life not living in the grace and power that God gives to us throught His Holy Spirit. We go to church but don't let the living Jesus change our lives. Before I knew Jesus in a personal way I thougt I would only meet God when I died. But at the age of 18 in the summer of 1977 through reading scripture I met Jesus
in a personal way! I realized he lives and cares about me in the here and now! He wants to guide and direct each of us. I like the rest of the world have had some very dark days. I don't know what people do without God???? Knowing Him and reading about the great Saints and Church teachings gives me a compose and a road map. I know that I'm only a pilgrim in this some times strage and unfriendly land called earth:) I long to be with our Lord and all those Holy people who have gone before me. I'm looking forward to seeing my dad whole...he will be the Tom Burns our Lord created and no longer held bondage by mental illness. I long to see my sweet mom, Jean. She would be 74 on January 14th..........I will write more about her then.

Ok after church we went to have Pizza at Mancino's and the my sister, Brenda and her family came in. John the three year old informed us that his mommy was a bad mom tonight because he was not allowed pop. When they got there he asked her; "are you going to be a bad mommy or a good mommy?" This so relates to God! We pray and ask for things and get upset when he doesn't deliver what we want when we want it. But just like little kids don't always know what is good for them neither do we! Look back on some of the things you prayed for that did not happen.........aren't you thankful? I sure am. The bottom line is God loves us and cares about our Salvation. He will allow those hard things in life to purify us and transform us. I'm sure you have all seen spoiled children whom we call Brats! God does not want us to be spoiled children he calls us to be Holy. Well by for now!

Comments

Popular Posts