Weekend Events

Well we had a couple of events this weekend. On Saturday my Godson, Joey made his first
confession also know as the sacrament of reconciliation. Joey (the one in the far left in the last
and middle rows) came to my house after this sacrament and was still very excited. He asked his mom when he could go again..........how refreshing:) I still remember my first confession and the sins I confessed all those years ago. Why was he so excited? He experienced "grace".
What is a Sacrament you ask? The Catholic Catecism says: "Christ now acts through the sacraments he instituted to communicate his grace. The sacraments are perceptible signs (words and actions) accessible to our human nature. By the action of Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit they make present efficaciously the grace that they signify.” Joey experienced the Holy Spirit. What a wonderful gift our Lord has given us. They Holy Spirit is our Helper. He helps us to grow in Holiness and so does the gift of Reconciliation. There were two times when reconciliation actually changed my life............I walked out of the confessional a different person! Last year Joey told me that he didn't want to start becoming a Saint until he was 21 but maybe he'll begin right away:)

The other event was my niece Catherine's 15th Birthday on January 27th! Wow! She's the pretty blond (all these pictures were taken at her Birthday celebration). Catherine is such a nice young lady. She actually appreciates her parents! Wow! Imagine that! Catherine is home schooled and wouldn't have it any other way. She taught her self to write and is quiet the writer. She also plays the guitar, piano and sings. She is so quiet around us adults but it wasn't' always that way.........she was such a handful when she was a little girl:) When she saw the Wizard of Oz her favorite person was the wicked which. She also liked taking the wings off of flies.........now she's such a nice young lady:) On Wednesday she and her sister Anna are coming to my religion class to share their experience at the Right to Life March in Washington D.C last
week. I'm proud of you Catherine.

The three kids by the bike are Brenda's two youngest John and Kelly and Linda's youngest, Maria...........I labeled this picture, "The Three Stooges".......they are so fun to watch. The picture of Kelly and Maria on the bike I labeled " The Get Away". Linda's house is so big Maria can easily ride her bike around the house. I love being an Aunt. It's the perfect role I can love them and leave them:) What ever role you play in the lives of young people don't ever under
estimate the positive influence you can be in their lives. God be with you.

Comments

Popular Posts