Brother Andre and St.Joseph

Well I have shared my struggles in the last weeks now I will share my victories......oh what a sweet lent! We are almost half way there........to the Resurrection! Though this has been a hard lent I'm already experiencing our Lord's graces! Watching the video on Brother Andre was so powerful. He had such a love for St.Joseph! This man was simple porter and God used him to heal and encourage thousands in his life time. Read his biography here (actually he had more struggles with his religious order than this article speaks of). http://www.ewtn.com/library/MARY/BROANDRE.HTM

The movie reminded me of the power of St.Joseph. I had such a devotion to him when I was caring for my mom and after her death. I even have a gold medal of St.Joseph that I got in Rome and I believe I got it blessed by John Paul II when I was in Rome in 1992 (this will go to my Godson, Joey someday). Anyway he's the patron of many things including virgins, the worker and those dying. My mom prayed to St.Joseph and one time she said: There is that pest, and when we asked her who she was talking about she pointed up and said St. Joseph! We asked her what he wanted and she said to tell us Mary was praying for us. Isn't that cool! St.Joseph's feast day is March 19th. So I've decided to get reacquainted with my old friend and ask him to intercede for work for Charlie and for what ever God would eventually have for me.

I had been giving into discouragement and feeling hopeless.......letting my emotions and the enemy get the best of me! I know we are only human and all that but the Reality is God really is in control! He has a plan (we don't always like it) but his believers are not alone! He does hear our prayers. Prayer is Powerful. The enemy wants to discourage us and lead us to believe prayer does no good! This is a lie! Prayer is powerful! The more we are in conformity with His HOLY WILL, the more we will only pray for His will to be done in our lives and not our own. We are only on a journey! This life is short (thank you Lord). YES !!three move glorious weeks of Lent! Here I am Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts