Still Recoverng

Well here I am..........and I still have a tender throat and a cough. Poor Charlie still is fighting a temperature and has no energy! I guess over all it's been a bad year for flu ect. Well the second week of lent is done! I'm still very much enjoying the discipline that lent brings. What I'm finding is as we let go of our little addictions and comforts during the day or night we are then faced with our issues:)...........that's why it's good to deny our self and to fast.........to get in touch with our real selves. Needless to say it's been another very hard week. I have felt so far from God and thinking he's not heard my prayers to him. I'm also not sure if I'm going to teach again next year. I really feel at this point in my life I don't have much to give. My well has run dry:).........We all go through those periods in our life.


I was so discouraged last night and I was flipping the channels and found the movie, "Love Comes Softly" (which stars Katherine Heigel). This is such a wonderful movie! It's a must see! It helped to give me perspective again.........Our Lord can use anything. This movie is a reminder that we all have tough times but the Lord is still near. He uses the tough times to build character and to draw us closer to him if we allow it. Another gift today was talking with two other women who serve are on the same committee as I do. We shared our faith and struggles and I got to know these women in away I didn't know them before. These women ended up being a real gift to me today. I've said this before but Women have so much power! It saddens me when I see women misuse their power and be so unchrist like. I hold women more accountable then men because I think they are naturally more inclined to the spiritual. It is said they are the heart of the home. The New Feminism has done nothing to empower women in a healthy way. We are not called to me men! Women have been missing the mark since the horrible 60's. So a women goes their goes the Nation............look around it's not a pretty sight!

Comments

Popular Posts