CHARLIE

This post is dedicated to my Husband, Charlie. We have been married for just over 6 years. Good things come to those who wait:) After being to two Universities and living in Ohio for awhile who would have thought my soul mate was waiting for me all this time only 10 blocks away and had never moved out of St.Johns. This is a testimony to how the Lord works. I had always though God had a "box" around me and did not understand it until I met Charlie. Our Lord was just waiting for our paths to cross. I hope my story gives hope to all the single lonely women out there and not despair. I've already heard a couple of young gals say they don't want to wait until 43 to get married like me. God has a plan for each of us and most people don't have to wait until they are 43. But during those years I got to travel, develop good relationships with other women and most importantly take care of my parents and I'm so glad I was there for both of them. (My siblings helped with them as well). Charlie is such a good man! He has an excellent read on people! In some cases he had a better read on mutual people we knew better than I. He has a good heart and a dry sense of humor. I think most importantly he was not intimidated by my strong faith and out going personality. I actually dated one guy years ago who said I out shined him and he didn't like that.

Charlie has taught me to slow down(still working on that) and smell the roses! He loves and notices trees, so now I notice trees. He loves watching birds. I was sitting on the back porch and he came out and said can't your hear that! Well some bird was making so much noise because she was trying to protect her little one which was being threatened by a bigger bird..........but I was so lost in my own little world I didn't even hear it. Charlie is also very handy. He built us a shed, he fenced in the whole back yard, built a patio and put up a pergola. He built a beautiful dog house (which she hardly uses!) and is in the process of landscaping our yard. Most of the front yard is already done and how could I forget to mention all the trees he has planted! Did I mention he loves trees!

I'm very blessed to have Charlie in my life. I think one of the most important things is I could be myself from the very beginning. He loved me for me! My heart felt safe with him. There was no game playing. When he said he was going to call me he called me. He treated me with respect and was a gentlemen. He did not want a big wedding but because he loved me he went along with it. I think a good relationship brings out the best in each other (and sometimes the worst!).
Charlie is very humble and he will say he's sorry when he's wrong. It's been a very challenging year but our relationship has grown stronger not weaker. He can still make me laugh:) Thank you Charlie for being you and for trusting me with your heart!

Comments

Popular Posts