ST.JOSEPH'S CONFIRMATION CLASS OF 2008

Last night was confirmation at St.Joseph's in St.Johns. I was a Sponsor for Emily F. I taught these girls in 2005-06. They were my second bunch of girls. This was and is my favorite group of girls. They were well disciplined and had so many good questions! It's fun to watch them grow up into nice young ladies. I pray they will continue to grow in their faith and be a like Jesus's mother Mary. Our world is so in need of radical young women who will stand up for Christian values! I'm so proud of you girls! The Holy Spirit wants to be your helper and guide!
The Catechism describes Confirmation as a deepening of baptismal gifts. It says that the sacrament roots us more deeply in our identity as God's children; unites us more firmly with Christ; increases in us the gifts of the Holy Spirit; binds us more closely to the Church; and gives us special strength to bear witness to our faith. We are so blessed to have the Sacraments that strengthen us so we can be Christ's soldiers here on earth. God Bless you and fight the good fight!

Comments

Jamie said…
I love the blog you dedicated to Charlie. It is so nice to hear of couples happily married these days. It was nice to get to know a little more about him. And you definitely deserve the best. From as far back as I can remember (which I can remember being in my crib), you have always been faithful to God and your family. I am sure aunt Jean and uncle Tom felt very fortunate to have you there. So your blessing of Charlie is well deserved. And good job teaching those girls to be young ladies instead of g-string wearing girls gone wild.
Lisa said…
thanks Jamie.......who is Conservative Chloe.....is that you?

Popular Posts