THURSDAY NIGHT

Thursday night and boy am I tired! What a long week and one more working day to go. I talked about suffering last night with my 7th grade class. I think it's important that even though it is a part of life they realize suffering is not God's fault. I shared that if we can allow suffering to transform us to be more like Jesus Christ or become bitter and hard. Look how much Jesus suffered in order to save us from our sins. Which reminds me I plan on watching the Passion again. It sure puts life into perspective. Then we some how started talking about their Guardian Angels which was fun. When you allow them to talk about things that interest them and encourage questions they really enjoy it!

I have decided not to teach next year. I've been so emotionally drained that I feel I need to charge my spiritual battery. Some day I'd like to teach older girls and use John Paul II's Theology of the Body. The chastity message is so dear to me. I think we need to evangezlize our young girls especially. They need to learn what real love is, what marriage is for and how contraception has hurt women and society in a huge way. The more I study and learn about contraception it upsets me how women have bought in to this lie. It has enslaved women , not set them free...........that's all for now on that subject.

The fourth week of lent! Wow only two weeks to go! I've said it before and I'll say it again I've really enjoyed this lent! I've enjoyed the discipline. No pain no gain! Just like the athlete must practice and discipline themselves in order to do well at their sport, how much more important
is it for Chrisians! We are running an eternal race and our goal is to be with our Lord in heaven !

Comments

Jamie said…
Lisa,

it's Jamie. That is really so true. I agree with the suffering message and have obviously had my fair share. But I have never complained or questioned God's faithfulness. Not in an arrogant way but in faith. Once the trial was over I was so thankful the Lord had given me a much stronger testimony (not that I would wish that to happen but we all know where Mary is and when you put things in perspective....). Good for you.

Popular Posts