APRIL 9TH BIRTHDAY'S



Today we are celebrating three Birthdays! My Aunt Alice is no longer with us but I wanted to remember her. She was my mom's oldest sister. She is the mom of nine children. She is my sister, Linda's Godmother. Growing up we have fond memories of going to my Aunt and Uncle
Ed's home. They lived in the country with farm animals. I'll never forget the time when my brother Kevin and cousin Dan came in with raw egg on their heads. I can't remember who started it. We each had a cousin our age to play with and then some extras. Friday night was the night to go because that was the night the got pop and popcorn. We would also go over almost every Christmas Eve and go upstairs and wait for Santa to come..........oh what fond memories
I have . The picture of my Aunt with her siblings in goofy hats (she is the one in the lower right had corner) was taken at a Christmas party. In later years several would wear goofy hats. We see her in her Senior picture. I tried to get my mom's whole family but the collage cut some of them out including Aunt Alice. So the picture of her in the orange is part of that picture. Finally I have a picture of her and her husband, Uncle Ed. We miss you Aunt Alice!
The picture of me on my wedding day is with Nova. She lived next to us growing up. Nova and her family where always so kind and good to my father, Tom. I will always be grateful for their kindness. Nova could not make it to our Wedding so the bridal party went to see her. Another fond memory of Nova is her snappy turtle cookies. She was truly a wonderful neighbor. I will go and see her tomorow.
The final pictures are of our dog Abby. I so love that dog! She is my walking buddy. Now that the weather is decent we have been walking along the old railroad tracks. We walk about two miles a night. I let her off the leach and she's in doggy heaven. She listens very well and doesn't like to be out of my sight. I have to credit Charlie with her good behavior. If anyone remembers my previous dog, Bridgett she did not listen at all! Oh the stories I could tell about her!


Comments

Anonymous said…
You're turning into quite the blogger my wife! xxxooo

Popular Posts