FRIDAY NIGHT

Yes the end of another work week! Coming home from work it was raining and hailing so hard I had to pull over for a short while. Charlie and I went to Taco bell to eat...big spenders:) I did a couple of loads of laundry, picked up around the house and decided to tackle the upstairs again! I enjoy my upstairs........remember I was born and raised in this house. My grandparents bought it in the 194o's I have the original deed to the house that is very old and shows all the owners. There are a few places in the wood where my uncle Harry carved his initials. My mom redid the upstairs in the early 70's..................you guessed it....avocado green shag carpet with matching wall paper.........the hallway has flowered paneling........very lovely:)........but I have such fond memories:) Linda , Brenda and I shared two rooms separated by a curtain. When I went to bed I wanted to sleep! They always wanted to talk and I would yell at them to be quiet! Well I was a morning person and I was ready to talk in the morning and they yelled at me to shut up! I also remember the toilet seat! Either my brother, Kevin would forget to put the toilet seat up so we would sit on Urine................OR he'd put the toilet seat up and not put in down and I'd fall into the toilet in the middle of the night............such fond memories.

I'm so thankful for my home...........for all the memories. To know my grandparents Larry and Mary walked these floors. That Tom, Dick and Harry played here along with Rosemary. That my faithful mom also lived in this home and my dad...........when I was single my home was such my refuge.............as it is now. Charlie has done so much with the landscaping. I am so grateful that the Lord has entrusted me with this home. I don't need bigger and better! I'm thankful for all the memories this home holds for me...............I will post some old pictures.........not now it's almost 11pm...........Oh ya I spent the rest of the night wrapping my Christmas gifts............I'm almost all done with my shoppig for the nieces and nephew's...............I do most my shopping in January.........great deals and I can get more for them...........and it makes Christmas more of a celebration instead of being hectic.

Comments

Popular Posts