WHO DO SAY THAT I AM?

Who do you say that I AM? I've been so inspired since the Pope's Visit and readying his Encylclical on Christian Hope. I remember how I first met Jesus in a personal way through reading scripture. Before that I literally thought that the only way I could meet God was to die and go to heaven. My first Bible was from Dorella Page-Hunter as a graduation gift. It was the summer before college and I was working nights at McDonalds. I would come home and read the scriptures and I slowly realized that this man/God Jesus was alive! It was such an exciting time in my life. Those around me were worried:) I have matured since those days and my faith has grown but I miss that excitiement. I guess it's like when you first start dating and are so excited, but then your love grows and your just comftorable to be in each others presence. But in both situations we should not take the Lord or our spouse for granted. Who is Jesus to you?

Comments

Jamie said…
Lisa,

I remember my first Bible too. You gave it to me Lisa. And I still have it. It is the picture Bible and I used to read that book all the time when I was a kid. Now James takes it to church with him on Sundays. I think that is the only thing that I really took care of and kept with me since childhood.
Lisa said…
Jamie that is so cool! One of the girls I taught last year said her mother still had a bible that I had given her when she was a little girl. I use to give out alot of Bibles:)

Popular Posts