MY UNCLE'S FUNERAL

I went to my Uncle Clair's funeral today (my mom's brother) in Ionia. This may sound awful but I enjoy funerals because it's a time when I see cousins and second cousins that I don't normally see. It was a very nice mass. The Priest was Fr.Fox no realation. My Uncle had left the Catholic Church years ago and I'm not sure why. He lived his last years in a Nursing home. Fr.Fox would regularly visit my Uncle and would ask how he was but didn't bring up the Church because he knew he wasn't ready. Then six months ago they got talking and the priest said "you know it's not that hard to come back" and my Uncle did! God bless this Holy priest who regularly visited the nursing home! He brought my Uncle home where he belongs. I know his siblings especially the 4 in heaven were praying for him and my Grandpa and Grandma . I went to the funeral with my cousin's Ellen and Dan of course we talk about old times and she Dan said something very telling of my grandpa. He relayed a story my Aunt Alice had told him. During the depression my grandfather said when it came to giving to the church or feeding your family giving to the church came first. My grandparents never had much when it came to "THINGS" but they passed on their strong Catholic Faith and I'm so thankful for that! My cousin David actually has my grandfather's Rosary! I touched it...........to know those beads had passed over and over through my grandfather's hands. It was a very simple rosary made of wood beads.

I so look forward to heaven when I will be able to see my family, the Saints and Angels! Well now I'm off to the funeral home. My mom's cousin, Leon died so I'm going to pay my respects with my sister Brenda. I guess the older we get the more funerals we will be going to.

Saturday Morning:

Well I ran into alot more and some of the same cousins last night that were also at my Uncle's funeral. Two of my mom's cousins are religious sisters. We spoke with Sister Pauline and she was so excited that Clair had returned to the church. About 7 years ago at a funeral my Uncle approached Sister Pauline and said you know sister I'm not longer Catholic. She responded, your parents are turning over in their grave. The next night he approached her again and said "are you mad at me?" She said no but I'm praying for you. Never under estimated the power of prayer!


Comments

Popular Posts