FAITHFULNESS

Just a reminder that God is Faithful! The Lord recently provided for my husband and I something we had been praying about for 17 months. There were alot of dark days for us and at times "it felt like" the Lord did not hear our prayers but deep within I knew better! I kept reminding myself that "this to will pass". That God uses challening and painful situations to help us grow in our faith and in our trust in Him. I would like to say that over all I think we handled the situation very positiviely. By just looking at the situation sometimes I would think you need to be more upset but ultimately where would that get me? I was so proud of Charlie because through it all he showed such strenght and kept being faithful to the duty of the moment. Through this situation our love and our appreciation for each other has grown. God is faifhful my friends! Will we experience suffering? You bet! But it's how we deal with the suffering. Do we trun to God or away from God? We can let God know how we feel even if it's anger! God can take it. He gave us emotions. Without them we would be robots. Our Lord wept and our Lord got angry and if emotions are ok for him they are ok for us. I went through a time where I was angry with our Lord. I couldn't understand why he wouldn't provide me with a husband and then I use to say "you must really trust me". Yes I think when we his friends suffer he know's that he can trust us. Catherine Doherty use to say that suffering is the kiss of Christ. I recenly read a story about a women who had so much suffering in her life and she said that it's easy to Love our Lord but harder to trust him. I think this is because we can freely give our Love because it's some what in our control , but to trust is letting go and not being in control. It's saying Lord I surrendor, you NOT I know best! He loves us so much! We are blessed to have such a wonderful and good God!

Comments

Popular Posts