JOEY'S NINTH BIRTHDAY

CLICK ON PICTURE TO ENLARGE
We celebrated my Godson, Joey's 9th birthday last night. His actual birthday is June 12th. Joe is the "middle child". He is number three out of five. He's the one who comes up with some humours things. Three years ago when I took him to the cemetary with me and I showed him a man's grave with the name "Joe" on it he got this startled look and asked in all seriousness "Am I dead?" I assured him no he was very much living. Then two years a go when he wanted some metal's of Saints I took him to the Catholic book store in Fowler to get some. We actually ran into a Catholic Priest so he blessed the metats. On the way home Joey asked me, "how long does it take to become a Saint?" I told him "all your life but you can beging now by being good to your brothers and sisters and listening to your parent's " without missing a beat he replied:
"l'll waint until I'm 21!" Ask him mom I think he's still waiting:) Though he really does have a spirtual side and loves to hear stories about my mom and all the spirtual things that happened while we were caring for her. He also knows his faith, but as we all know it's living the faith that is the challening but most rewarding! I love you Joe and I'm glad to be your God mother!

Comments

Jane said…
Lisa, congratulations on the weight loss!! It's so important to lose a bunch that first week - it's usually the best week we get and sometimes I blow it by not taking advantage of it. I'm on my way down. My motivation was a 35 (YIKES!) year reunion, but now that I realized I can't go (it's the only week we'll be able to visit Liz) I hope I don't start back up again! What am I saying? I WON'T start back up again!
Lisa said…
Thanks Jane.........isn't interesting how those events motivate us! That's so neat your going to see Liz.........I still which you could go to Rome with us........we need to talk it's ben awhile.

Popular Posts