A NICE WEEKEND



What a nice weekend it has been! The weather was perfect yesterday and I put some of my clothes on the line and of course our sheets. I love crawling into bed with sheets that were hung out in the sun to dry. It always reminds me of my mom. The bottom part of her arms would always be darker than the rest of her because of hanging out the clothes. Then I took Joey and Matt out for their Birthday lunch, we went to McDonald's. I ended up staying at Brenda's and going swimming. I finished the book I was reading "Cape Light". It's written by Thomas Kinkade & Katherine Spencer. I guess it's a series of six that keeps expanding on the lives of these people in a small town. It has a Christian perspective and shows how God helps in the ordinary day trials of people. I highly recommend it. Of course there is a love story in there as well:) I'm ready to begin the second book in the series. I got the books from the library.

Charlie and I went to the neighbors graduation party and had dinner there. After that I took Abby for her walk along the Rail Road tracks which she so loves! We went to church this morning and I just made a Rhubarb pie because we are having Charlie's mom over for dinner. Charlie is fixing baby back ribs, chicken legs, baked potato, cole slaw and asparagus. Sounds good doesn't it! I ate a very light lunch and breakfast so that I have points for a nice dinner but in reality I really can't have many ribs because they are way to high in points.

Well I will end by saying Happy Father's day to all the fathers out there. We need fathers even though we live in a society where women think the can raise normal kids with out dads. This just isn't so! Dr. Meg Meeker has a book out called: "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters" She says that few things mater more to a girl's mental, physical and social development that her reationship with her father. It's worth reading the article I high lighed above. I also want to thank our priest who give up physical fatherhood so that they can spiritually father us! I have known many good priest who have helped me much on my spiritual
journey. Oh one more thing I received such a beautiful thank you card from Jenna. I had given her a graduation gift but she went on to share on how the Daughter's of The Little Flower had helped her. I will post that tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts