WE ARE CALLED TO BE LIGHTS TO THE WORLD

Well I had a nice long blog written and I LOST IT! So this will be the short version. Today at mass one of the things Father Dennis said really stuck with me: "We may be the only Gospel our neighbor ever reads". Yes my friends we are to be lights to the world. In the blog I lost I had given stories of how in my "RADICAL" days I use to Evangelize people all the time! I miss not having that kind of zeal. Though I also agree with Saint Francis of Assisi who said: "Proclaim the Gospel and only use words if you must." I also like the saying: "Don't talk the talk unless you can walk the walk." The Christian walk is very hard at times but our role model is our Lord. If they crusified our Lord why do we want life to be easy? Just remember your acts of kindness and encouraging words can make a positive diffirence it the lives of those around you. I think the biggest challenge we all face is to be kind to the very people we live with. I will leave you with this quote:
“We are not sent into this world for nothing; we
are not born at random; we are not here, that
we may go to bed tonight, and get up in the
morning, toil for our bread, eat and drink,
laugh and joke, sin when we have a mind,and
reform when we are tired of sinning, rear a
family and die. God sees every one of us; he
creates every soul…for a purpose. He needs,
he deigns to need, every one of us. He has an
end for each of us; we are all equal in his sight,
and we are placed in our different ranks and
stations, not to get what we can out of them for
ourselves, but to labor in them for him”

Cardinal John Henry Newman, From a Sermon in 1849

Comments

Popular Posts