SUNSHINE ON A CLOUDY DAY


Below is a poem written for me from a guy named Tim. I was in Steubenville
at the time getting my Master's in Christian Ministry and I was also
co running the Life in the Spirit Seminars. Tim seemed kind of
lost and I reached out to him as a friend and obviously from
the poem below that meant allot to him and allot to
me that he would take the time to show his
appreciation. We have so much power
to do good. Let us be sunshine on
a cloudy day.

To Lisa

A time of fire, a time of tears
A lonely desert isle
I’ve been there for many years
Without the slightest smile.

Storm lashed island just won’t stand
Won’t stand another day
O where O sun O where are you?
Why do I live this way?

Fortunes come and fortunes go
The passing Shadow’s fleet
But when your smile was brought to me
That’s all the gold I need

A helping hand in desert land.
That’s who you are I see
A desert flower, unearthly power
Reigns down on you and me
A time ago not far away
Our Lord gave us his Son
It happened then; it’s here today.
The Victory has been won.

Tim Feb 6, 1984

Comments

Popular Posts