HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION


Yesterday August 15th was a Holy Day of obligation for Catholics. The Feast of the Assumption. This is where Our Lady was assumed into heaven body and soul. Well I totally forgot! I kept telling Charlie I think I have something on Friday then on my break I got on the Internet and my home page is Catholic Exchange and I saw all these articles on Mary and then I realized what it was! So I checked out church bulletins on line (isn't the Internet wonderful!) and found that St.Mary's cathedral had a 5:15 mass! So I stayed at work longer and attended mass there. It's wonderful to be Catholic. The last time I was in Israel which was 2000 I had a powerful experience with our Lady in the Upper room. I was over whelmed with what she had actually done! She is such a witness especially to women what it means to be a follower of Jesus. She really was the first disciple and was her life easy? Far from it but she remained faithful. After we left upper room we went to the Church of the Dormision(see below). Because of the powerful experience I had with Mary I ended up buying a beautiful antique Russian Icon of our Lady (it was not cheap!) and I had a special oak corner shelf made (see below). Church of the Dormission

Comments

Popular Posts