REFLECTIONS FROM A FIFTY YEAR OLD



I had a very nice Birthday! WOW 50 years old! As you can see friends at work really decorated my work space and then several of us went out to lunch. Pictures of me doing the twist were taken over 10 years ago at my friend Kristen's wedding. I think I could still do it but ..........then I am 50 and ten years older. The joints just are not as flexible as they use to be.

Charlie surprised me by having my siblings, their spouses my niece Jennifer and my Uncle Dick, Aunt Rosie and my great Aunt Julia gathered at T-Bones for dinner. We had a very nice time telling stories. My uncle Dick is such a good story teller. He retold the story of Jim the talking crow and all the cool things the bird did. I will post sometime on the taking crow. It was a very nice evening.........thanks everyone who made my Birthday so special.

I am so thankful that our Lord has been so good to me. To be honest it's been an adjustment getting older. I think the hardest thing is "looking older". I like the emotional peace and wisdom that comes with age. I would not want to go back in time for one day unless of course I could see those who have gone before me especially my mom and dad! I am so looking forward to the next life! Other than spending time in purgatory what is there not to long forward to? To be with the angels, saints and of course our Lord. I feel like I'm getting my spiritual mo jo back! The last two years have been so hard due to some painful circumstances. But Charlie and I have both grown because of those circumstances. I'm married to such a good man! I am so thankful that the Lord finally brought us together. As painful as all those single years were God had a plan the whole time! When we are experiencing dark times it's so hard to see the light. I do believe it's those very times that God strengthens us and helps our spiritual muscles to grow. That's why it's so inspiring to read the lives of the Saints. They all suffered and so did our Lord so we can expect to suffer as well. It may be financial, spiritual, physical, or emotional but the main purpose is to bring us close to God! Fr.Francis Martin one of my favorite professors use to say:
"we are so stupid that if everything went well in this world we would want to settle down and make it our home..........but this is not our home." I think suffering brings us perspective and helps us to remember what really does and does not matter in this journey called life.

Charlie and I have been going to a new Parish for two years now and it has been such a blessing.
I'm now working with the middle school youth group. This is bringing such joy to me! The youth director, Adam is as Catholic as you can get. He embraces all the church teachings and this is so refreshing! Though I always wanted children this what not God's plan for my life. But he has blessed me with 14 nieces and nephews and it's been a joy to see how well they are doing! They are all being raised in the Catholic faith and my mom would be so proud of each of them! I'm glad than I can be their Aunt and I cherish the role I play in each of their lives.
Thank you Lord for all you have given me espeically my Catholic faith.........I pray that I will grow in holiness, kindness and generosity!

Comments

Popular Posts