SIMPLE JOYS ARE HOLY

Simple Joys are holy. That is what St.Francis of Assisi said and it is so true. But then who am I to argue with a Saint of his magnitude? Life can and is ofter stressful.....that's why we need to appreciate the simple things in life. Yesterday my sister Brenda and my nieces, Catherine, Anna,
Katie and Kelly went shopping. It was such a nice pleasant day and I got some Christmas shopping done. We stopped at the Goodwill Store in DeWitt and found some great buys! I'm to the point in my life where I don't like spending allot of money on clothes and it is so rewarding finding nice things for a fraction of the cost in a retail store! I'm not into brand names but I got two tops and a pair of pants from Christopher &Banks.............a brand new outfit that I wore to church this morning for only $5.

I'm in charge of the crisis program at work. I had an elderly black women come in because she needed assistance with her Consumer's bill. I decided to offer her a cup of coffee......you should have seen the smile she gave me as she accepted my offer. My little act of kindness made my day and I think it helped hers. Allot of what is going on in our country may be out of our control but doing little acts of kindness are within our control. I challenge you to do a random act of kindness to bring joy to someone else. It can be a stranger or a family member. But don't be surprised when the random act of kindness makes you smile!

Comments

Popular Posts