CHRISTMAS LETTER 08

December 2008

Dear Family and Friends,

Happy Advent and Merry Christmas! As always our prayers are with you whether near or far away. I think it’s been a very stressful year for many with the recent election and the economy. We need to remember that our Lord is always in control. My heart goes out to the ProLife movement and what this elcection could mean for the unborn. I pray our new President has a conversion and will have mercy on the most innocent.

Well I turned 50 last month! Charlie surprised me by having a few family members gathered at a restaurant. I have so much to be thankful for and I am! To celebrate this mile stone I am going to Rome at the end of the month! I’m going with a very small group and the priest, Fr. Ken use to live there and has already gotten us tickets to see St.Peters tomb located under St.Peter’s Basilica. I will pray for a deeper conversion that would be the greatest gift of all for me! I am no longer teaching7th grade girls but I am the facilitator of a group of 7 girls which includes my niece Katie. The purpose of the group is to prepare them for their confirmation next year. I’ve been getting reacquainted with the Holy Spirit! We are so blessed to have such a helper and advocate! I am involved with the
Middle School Youth group at my new parish, Most Holy Trinity in Fowler. This has truly been a blessing and I really like our new Parish. Fr. Dennis and the staff are very faithful to the Pope, church teaching and especially to the unborn.

Charlie is now working in St. Johns for the Technology Department at the Clinton County RESA center which is with the county’s Intermediate School District. It’s a place where he can grow professionally and he has so much to give. The women there affectionately call him “Charles in Charge”. His mother, Doris has had many health problems this year so he’s been busy looking after her and her affairs. We even took in two of her cats for a short while, talk about a zoo! The youngest one actually warmed up to our dog Abby. What a cute sight that was!

Now an update on the siblings and their families. Linda and Chuck took a trip to Germany and France with the three oldest. Catherine made her confirmation this year and I was her sponsor. She is such a fine young Christian! She’s also helping with the middle school youth group. In 4-H this year Catherine got another Rosette for her short story. Jimmy is quite the reader and is always reading about the faith. He likes making short films and they are quite funny. He had a garden again this year and enjoys learning church music on the piano without being told!. Anna is so sweet! She is such a generous young girl! She’s always giving and thinking of others. In 4-H Anna received the award for modeling in her age bracket, which was a silver platter. The family they stayed with in Germany loved her so much that they would like her to come back and care for their baby in a couple of years. Mathew continues to be his dad’s helper and still enjoys riling up the younger kids… hey what’s a brother for? He’s also learning to cook. Markus made his First Confession and makes his First Communion this year. He’s very expressive and quite the thinker. He always has a hug for Aunt Lisa. That leaves the youngest, Maria. She does not act like the youngest. She is not afraid to express herself and boss the rest of the bunch around if needed. She’s also very sweet! When she stayed with Aunt Brenda for a week she was the first one to help out around the house. Brenda was hoping her kids took some lessons from her.

Kevin and Rhonda’s gang are also doing well. Jennifer is still working with the youth group at the student parish and last spring she went on a mission trip with MSU students and plans on going again this spring. I’m very proud of her. Rachel is a senior and will be going to MSU next year. She does well in school and has not caused her parents any heart ache. Rachel has a real sense of who she is and I really admire that in a young person. Aaron is still into all kinds of sports. He lives and breathes it. He was the quarterback for the Junior Redwings again and is currently playing basketball at St. Josephs. I’m so glad Kevin has a son we always felt bad he was raised with three sisters and no brothers!

Brenda and Chris took their kids to Disney World this year. I enjoyed teaching Katie religion last year. She is very excited about her faith and always has a lot of questions. I took her to the Youth group at my parish and she loved it! She said it helped her to feel close to God. I don’t think she appreciates having three brothers at times…….actually one was plenty for meJ She says they are always loud and her mom seconds that. Oh I forgot to mention that she played soft ball and was quite the pitcher! One mom said she was a force to be reckoned with. Dominic played baseball this summer and was actually on the same team with Aaron. He’s currently playing basketball at St.Joe’s as well. This is his last year at St.Joes! He has a good sense of earning a dollar thanks to his dad. For the last couple of years he and Katie have had a parking lot during the Mint Festival Parade, for one afternoon they earn a nice sum of money. What does one say about Joey? His teacher is Dorella Page. My mom use to babysit for her three boys. I ran into her and she said she really enjoys him. He’s very bright but not interested in being focused (on school work anyway). She also felt he could be priest material but I won’t tell you why she thought that. That would be so neat wouldn’t it! He did make his First Communion last May. But I think he’s still waiting until he’s 21 to become a Saint. Kelly is in kindergarten this year. She is quiet petite for her age. She likes school but she did miss John. Mom and dad will take John to have lunch with Kelly every once in a while. Kelly loves do draw but what’s even better she likes to clean! We went shopping recently and I had messed up this shelf of soaps and walked away. When I turned to find Kelly she was nicely putting the merchandise back in it’s place. Brenda’s baby is four! He so misses Kelly! He would put on a Barney song about sisters and cry. He says Kelly is the best and in reality she really is a good sister! When they play together John is the boss and Kelly does as commanded! I don’t remember any of my siblings listening to me!

So another year is almost over and I want to thank the Lord for all that he has given me and Charlie. We were married 7 years this month. I am so thankful for the gift of marriage. I think our human nature sometimes takes life and it’s gifts for granted. I pray that during these economically challenging times people will learn to once again appreciate the simple things in life. St.Francis said: “Little joys are Holy!” St.Augustine said: “Our hearts are restless until they rest in you oh Lord”. What really matters in life is Faith, family and friends. Things don’t bring lasting happiness. True happiness comes from doing God’s will and in doing for others. A perfect example of this is Nova Palmer who passed away this past year. She was our neighbor growing up and she was so good to my mentally ill father. I have always had a special place in my heart for Nova for the kindness she showed to my dad.

If you want to keep tabs on me and my family you can visit my blog at: lisawieber.blogspot.com . If you haven’t already guessed I am a conservative Catholic. I write about family, faith and a little politics. I think we need limited government and people with good values who care about the common good of the people beginning with those in the womb. But government will not change the world. It’s conversion to the living Jesus Christ. Only he can change hearts. My blog was last years New Year’s resolution. This year I plan on learning how to make Rosary’s. This is such a powerful source of prayer especially in combating evil. My mom prayed the Rosary all the time and I always pray it when I walk my dog. It’s a nice form of Meditation. And speaking of meditation I just bought a book recommended by Father Dennis, “Mother Angelica’s Private And Pithy Lessons From The Scriptures”. Here is a quote from the book: “Most of us meditate on things totally useless to the spiritual life. Those who say they “can’t” often meditate the most. Their minds get stuck on one thing and they mull it over and over. They’re meditating a lot on the wrong things! Don’t tell me you don’t know how to meditate. When you get angry with someone you can meditate on that for at least half a day can’t you? She goes on to say, “We’re all massive meditater’s. We just need to keep focused on God and learn what to meditate on.” So my friends there is hope for all of us.! We always have hope because we have a Lord and Savior who came to earth to save us from our sins. In reality this is what really matters. This life is only a short journey. Eternity if forever. May you grow in the knowledge of his personal love for you!

Love, Lisa And Charlie

Comments

Popular Posts