THE STREETS OF ROME

CLICK ON PICTURE TO ENLARGE
I took these pictures the first night we were in Rome. I don't remember the name of the place but it was an open market and we bought a few things. Actually I bought a cute zip up little hooded jacket that said Roma on it but lost it at the airport on my last day racing to catch my flight............did I mention I hate traveling? Anyway it was very festive and they do not take the Christmas trees and decoration down on December 26th but wait until after the Epiphany. They even still play Christmas music until then. Note the picture of the gal dressed up like an old lady this is suppose to be the lady at the inn who turned away the Holy Family. She has a name but again I can't remember it. I even tried to google it and cound'nt find it. Our cerfew at the first convent (we stayed in 3 diffirent ones) was 10pm! To be in Rome when people don't even go to resturant until later..........! The upside was the price was right!

Comments

Jamie said…
I wish we honored the epiphany in America. I hate the day after Christmas...it always seems so "over". I don't like that. I love that time of year and to just "diss" Christmas the day after doesn't seem right. Really.....Jesus was born that day so that should be "the beginning" not the end of Christmas. We have it all backwards. But I guess that is what happens when we let retail overtake our sacred holiday.

Popular Posts