I RECEIVED MY ASHES

I received my ashes Last night.........ahh it's nice to be Catholic and have rituals. The Church I now go to was the parish of my Grandma Fox. I actually have the certificate she received for her First Communion. It's a nice picture with the date of her Sacrament and is in a Frame. I have my mom's as well. I don't think many parishes give out those out anymore and if they do they are not as nice as they use to be. I know I never got anything.
Any way our service started at 6pm with the Blessed Sacrament exposed and then the Stations of the Cross, followed by mass and we received ashes at mass. I though of my grandma and asked her to pray for me and my mom as well. It's as mass and the celebration of the Eucharist that we are most connected to those who have gone before us along with the Angels and Saints. I'm excited about this Lent. I've also been reading my Bible every night......getting to know Jesus better. Saint????? said ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ. I want to grow more in love with Him and to be open to His will for my life and to grow in humility.

Comments

Popular Posts