DOES IT FEEL LIKE LENT?

Does it feel like lent to you? It sure does to me. I have to be careful how much news I listen to
because I'm so upset with Obama and where he is taking the country. I like to be informed but right now it just seems way too over whelming and it scares me. I usually like listening to talk radio but it's been up setting me....maybe I'm a coward? That last couple of days I've been listening to Catholic Radio and that's more hopeful.. You know I think I am a coward! Holy Spirit give me courage! I was reading Mark's account of the Crucifixion and WOW! To really meditate on it and to see how mere humans treated the son of God! This is God that they are hitting and mocking.............what love he has for us!

The soldiers led him away inside the palace, that is, the praetorium, and assembled the whole cohort. 17 They clothed him in purple and, weaving a crown of thorns, placed it on him. 18 They began to salute him with, "Hail, King of the Jews!" 19 and kept striking his head with a reed and spitting upon him. They knelt before him in homage. 20 And when they had mocked him, they stripped him of the purple cloak, dressed him in his own clothes, and led him out to crucify him. 21 They pressed into service a passer-by, Simon, a Cyrenian, 8 who was coming in from the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to carry his cross. 22 They brought him to the place of Golgotha (which is translated Place of the Skull). 23 They gave him wine drugged with myrrh, but he did not take it. 24

Comments

Popular Posts