CAN WE ASK GOD WHY?



I have been asking God Why allot today. I went to a baby shower............why didn't I marry at a younger age so I could have had children. I will never have grandchildren either. Why did my mom have to die so young? After all she had had such a hard life living with my mentally ill father. Why was my father mentally ill? Why didn't God listen to my prayers for healing for both of them? After all I know our Lord can heal I've read so many stories of people who have been healed.

Why was Charlie let go at his place of work? Why is it so hard for him to find a decent job where he could use his many gifts and be treated with respect? He's smart, a hard worker, educated...........why is it so hard? I use to feel that way about being single....everyone around me were able to find decent guys but why not me?

You know allot of people ask why there is suffering in the world. And I get that I really do........it's because of Adam and Eve and original sin. It was not God's original plan for life to be so messy and filled with sin but they screwed up big time and the rest of humanity has to live with the consequences...........I get it I really do! But do I like it? NO! Does that make me a bad
Christian? No I think it just makes me human...the sinner that I am who struggles just like the
rest of the world.

What I do know is I'm grateful for Jesus Christ even though I don't always like the things that happen in my life of the lives of the people I love. It's hard to watch those we love suffer or to be treated with out the respect they deserve. In the depth of my heart I KNOW that God is in control and that this too will pass. I know that it is the hard things in life that make us who we are. It would be easy to follow God if everything went the way we wanted it to but where is the faith in that?

I am reminded of all the great Saints and people in the Bible who suffered and suffered much! I'm sure they asked why as well. Catherine Doherty use to say "Suffering is the Kiss of Christ".
She also suffered much. I just finished reading a book about Mother Teresa that I plan on blogging about, she also suffered so much. I am thankful that in the scheme of things this life
is very short. If our Why's don't all get answered in this life I know that we will have perfect
understanding in the next life.

Comments

Jamie said…
A woman spoke at my church about that yesterday somewhat. She struggled for years with mental illness after her fourth child was born. She said once she got to a place where she desired God and His Life for her more than she desired to "be normal", that is when her healing came. I know through my suffering after Mary died that it really gave me such an eternity perspective and I just know we are here a few short years but God sharpens our faith through our trials. But, it is perfectly ok to ask why. God understands.
Lisa said…
Thanks for sharing............and yes he does understand doesn't he...........wow through your friend's suffering she now has so much to offer others......I know my own suffering has mademe who I am..........
Lisa said…
Thanks for sharing............and yes he does understand doesn't he...........wow through your friend's suffering she now has so much to offer others......I know my own suffering has mademe who I am..........

Popular Posts