DAY RETREAT WITH INTERCESSORS OF THE LAMB

Yesterday my sister Linda and went on a day retreat in Grand Rapids.  It was given by two nuns
from Intercessors of the Lamb.  The founder of the Order Sister Nadine Brown is a women full of
alot of spiritual readying.  I'm currently reading one of her books "Inner Healing through the Heart of Jesus."

She says in the book that emotional illness is an illness of the heart.  She speaks of the need for our inner child to be healed. "This little child is the primary cause of adult immaturity.  Interesting, isn't it?  The adult in us cannot really come into full maturity until the clild within us gets healed, we become mature at the same time.  Maturity is simply becoming healed as the child.  It is this little "wounded" child that is the chief detriment to Christian love and the fullmillment of one's commitement to Jesus.  It is this little child that needs to experience the love and acceptance of Jesus."

This is so rigth on the mark!  Haven't we all met adults in our life that act like children!  Maybe it's the way they pout when they don't get thier own way.  Or fly off the handle over the littles thing! Maybe  we have a boss that is this way?  None of us has exscaped childhood without some inner wounds.  I use to have this huge fear of abondement.  I know this relates to my father who was mentally ill and was ofter hospitilized. He was in the hospital when I was born.

I myself have been going to counseling to deal with my inner fears, hurts and wounds stemming from all those years ago.  I have learned to embrace and love that little girl within me.  I can't begin to tell you how this has liberated me!  Jesus tells us we are to be like little children!  It only makes sense that if we were woudned we first need to be healed!

My dear friend  Annette was at the retreat.  It was because of her that we even knew about it.  She is a member of an intercessory prayer group as part of the Intercessory's of the lamb.  She was in so much pain yesterday but she offerd it up for all those that attened the day retreat.  If you look at her smiling face above you would never know she was in pain.  She shines with the love of Christ!  She loves our Lord so much and she trusts him with all her heart!

We actually played  played a game so she could be distracted from the pain.  We stayed until 10 pm.  It's always a joy to spend time with such a Holy women of God.  It's easy to trust God when all is going the way we want it.  It's quite diffirent to be in the prescense of a women with stage four cancer and in extreme pain.  Who still talks of the faifhfulness of our Lord and continues to speak of his Love for each of us.

Our Lord is a faithful God!  Through my inner healing and spending time with my friend Annette I am experiening our Lord's love in a brand new way!  It's also Easter season and I love the daily readings from the books of Acts...........on the power of our Lord through his disciples!  Jesus lives!  It is a new day and God's mercies are new each day!

Comments

Popular Posts