LIFE WITH ANNETTE


I went to Portland last night to see my friend Annette.  Yes she is still hanging in there!  She continues to minister to those who come to visit with her.  While I was there a classmate had come to see her and a couple from a near buy town.

The Fatima stature is also blessing Joyce and Bill's home this week.  Annette loves to spend time in front of our Lady and praying.  While I was there she, Dale and I spent time praying and discussing the days reading from Jesus Calling.  I gave this book to Annette when I first visited her in December.  She loves this little book and reads it several times a day.  I have given this book to allot of people.  The author has such a gift of making Jesus real (as HE IS) and drawing us into His presence.

Her good friend Karen (she and her husband Mike are pictured with me in the bottom right hand picture) is
leaving this morning.  Her husband flew  in from Missouri so he could driver her home.  How sweet is that!
Karen has been helping Annette for over two weeks now.  She is a good and faithful friend.  She has also been taking notes on allot of what Annette has been saying.  She is an excellent writer so I'm anxious for to get it all typed up so that I can share it with you!

Judy her other faithful companion in now back to teaching full time in Pittsburgh.  But she continues to drive the long drive to Michigan every Friday and leave early Tuesday just in time to teach her class that same day!  She is amazing!  But she would tell you caring for Annette has given her more than she has given Annette.

Her brothers have also been very involved in her care. Bruce and Dale have been taking turns staying so they can assist but they are running out of vacation days.  I am going to ask for a couple of days vacation so that I can go over Monday night until Wednesday night.  Thanks Charlie for letting me serve my sister Annette.

What is life about?  It's in giving that we receive!  I remember what an honor it was to care for my dying mother.  It's such a reminder of what really matters!  We are only on a short journey called Life:) As it's been said life is a gift that God gives us what we make of it is a gift we give to HIM.

Annettes' brother, Fr. Ron is in town again until Tuesday.  I have the privilege of going to mass there today.  Annette is so blessed to have so many faithful siblings and friends and she is very thankful!  She says the people around her give her life!  Her YES to God and our Yes to God does matter!  Happy Sunday!



Comments

Popular Posts