THE FOX GET TOGETHER

On Sunday our cousin Mary invited us to her home in Sumner MI.  I had never heard of this little town before.  It's near Carson City where my Grandma Burns was from (she is on the other side of my family).  Mary is my first cousin and her parents were Barb and Don Fox.  Don was one of my mom's older brothers.  He and Bard had 15 children!

I believe there are a total for 54 first cousins on my mom's side of the family and unfortunately we don't get together in any official way.  Mary and her family have been getting together every summer for the past 12 years on second  weekend of August and this year she invited some of the cousins.  It was so much fun sharing stories of the past about our grandparents and our parents.  I learned things that I never knew before.

I've always enjoyed history and taking pictures.  If it wasn't for me we wouldn't have half of the pictures we have!  I still remember going to the local drug store and buying my first camera.  Remember the flash bulbs?  I was so excited!  Oh let me back track I think for Christmas one year Linda and I received an instant Polaroid camera but it didn't take the best of pictures and it only took black and white pictures.

I love hearing stories about my family.  I feel so connected to all those who have gone before me.  I feel so blessed that I'm living in the home that my parents and grandparents lived in.  If only these walls could talk!  Life is a gift and family is to be cherished.  Thank you Mary for inviting us!

Comments

Popular Posts