THE GREAT ESCAPE

There is a battle of the wills going on between Charlie and our dog Abby.  Abby feels quite misplaced since the demolishing of our back porch.  You see that is where she would sleep most of the time when
we weren't home.  Even on colder nights forget the beautiful huge dog house Charlie made for her. 

We had to remove the permanent fence to make room for the construction guys and in it's place Charlie put up a make a fence made of wire.  Well our dear Abby continues to find away out of it.  We have come home several times to find her not only on the front porch but making herself at home on our wicker love seat.  We do not allow Abby on any of our furniture inside or out.

When we were leaving for Sunday mass I asked Charlie if we should leave her in the house and he assured me that he had fixed the fence so she couldn't escape.  Well when we arrived home there was Abby hanging with the neighbor girl and I'm sure before that laying on the love seat.  I just kind of smiled.  She knew she was in trouble and immediately went in to her dog cage as you can see above.  So we will see what Charlie comes up with next to keep the great Houdini in the backyard.

Comments

Lisa said…
Love it. When I first got Ihana (she was a rescue) she kept getting out of her crate when I was at work and setting off the alarm. I couldn't figure out how she did it b/c I had a bike lock on it as well as the normal crate closures. Afte...r the 5th fine by the police for responding to a false alarm I decided to videotape her so I'd see how she did it. She could bash it and nudge it and get her head through this tiny crevice and then wiggle her body through a crack no larger than 4 inches. Now this is a 70 lb. Weimaraner! I nicknamed her Houdini as well.See More
August 29 at 11:13am · LikeUnlike · .Lisa Burns Wieber Wow that is amazing!
August 29 at 11:17am · LikeUnlike · .Lorraine Shinn Christenson Bahahaha...too funny:) When I got home from a walk, Abby was lounging on our porch:) Hannah though Abby looked a little guilty about something. Most likely, Abby will end up wearing out Charlie:)

Popular Posts