I was not a very good Aunt this year when it came to the 4-H fair.  With the heat and my friends' funeral I just didn't get up there like I normally would.  The most important thing is Linda's kids really enjoyed it and Brenda's kids enjoy going up and participating in all the actives.

See Anna's HUGE sunflower!  Catherine and Jimmy both got Blue Ribbons on their stories.  This was Jim's first year and Catherine did it at the last minute.  Catherine dear looks what could happen if you spent more time on it?  Or maybe I'm just wrong?  The highlights were Catherine getting a Rosette on the baby blanket she entered.  Anna took first place for showing her cow and was tied for first for showmanship of all the animals in her age group, something like that.  They could not have two first places so they had a tie breaker and  Anna ended up in second place which I think was a Rosette.

I think the most important thing is that they have fun with their friends and they are learning good skills.   It is a wonderful program that is offered in our area!

Comments

Popular Posts