REBEKAH SHARES ABOUT HER MOTHER



I will be perfectly honest with you I hesitated sharing this picture of my beautiful friend Annette.  For me personally it was very hard seeing her during her last days.  But her daughter Rebekah an amazing twelve year old put it all into perspective with a text she shared with her friends which I will be sharing with you.

In thinking about it I realized that Annette offered everything to God and this included her physical beauty.  Just like I no longer recognized the vibrant Annette I knew,  I realized that I wouldn't have recognized our Lord at all after his many beatings and hanging on the cross.  So what is beauty?  What is real beauty?  Those of us who had the honor of being with Annette witnessed real beauty.  We witnessed her deep love for Our Lord Jesus Christ especially  when receiving  Him in the Eucharist.  We witnessed her beauty as she took care of the needs of her husband and children.  We witnessed her beauty as she shared the truth of God's love for each one of us.

I saw beauty in watching Annette's Sister, Joyce and her brothers and sister in laws caring for Annette.  I saw beauty in Joyce and Bill opening up their home to Annette in her last 6 weeks of life so that she
could be with her children, because they were participating in Summer Theater.  I saw beauty in our friend Judy who came to care for Annette with every free moment she had.  She came all the way from Steuebenville Ohio.  I saw beauty in our friend Karen who made at least 5 visit since March staying as long as 2 weeks.  Two of those trips she drove 14 hours from Minnesota.  I learned so much about generosity from her, Judy and Joyce.  Yes I got to witness allot of  real beauty and I will forever be changed because of my dear friend Annette and because of all those who loved her!

Now here is little message from Karen as she was kind enough to pass on Rebekah's text.  Mind you  since Rebekah's message is a text  be prepared for all the short hand.....for those of us who hardly text!

Hi Everyone:

This is an email message that Annette's 12-year old daughter
Rebekah sent out to friends the night before her mom died. She is an
amazing girl - most definitely her mother's daughter! She also got up and
shared this at the funeral dinner yesterday. She has a deep faith like her
mom, and is so mature for a 12-year old!!

As you can see, the Annette we knew had really disappeared by the end... She
surrendered everything. I would like to do a more detailed update at some
point, but just got home at 3:15 a.m. this morning and am in need of more
time to process all that has gone on in the past week!!

Thank you for your prayers & support. It has been a long journey. :-)
Karen

Hello all,
i am keeping my promise and sending an update on my mom to all of u,
maybe some of u have never gotten one from me before, so this is new to u,
but a while ago i made a promise to some ppl that i would give updates on my
mom. Im sad to say that this will probably b my last update. My mother has
been getting weeker and weeker each day, yesterday she was only able to talk
to us in a slight whisper and look around the room, today she can no longer
communicate with us, she cannot move her head around or talk, and sometimes
she cant even move her eyes, she sleeps with her eyes open so its getting
harder and harder to tell if she is awake, but every now and then shell try
and mouth something, but we cant tell what shes saying. i feel so bad for
her, wanting to say so much, and not being able to tell us anything. i love
her so much. she has also been not able to swallow, so she cannot eat or
drink, which means shes leaving us any day now, i wish i could tell all of u
in person, or at least on the phone, but there r so many of u that care
about my family and i that it would take me about a week untill i got the
news out to everybody! lol, my family and i r so greatful to all of u for
all of ur prayers and help, the amount of suport we have is overwhelming.
thank u all so much for allways being there for us, and im soooo
sorry for being a jerk about the whole thing sometimes, and im sorry for
acting so sorry for myself, and acting like every1 had to feel srry for me,
i hate it when ppl feel srry for me, but plz just eccept my appoligy, i am
truly sorry, and i am truly greatful for all every1 has done for us, i love
u all and hope that all of ur lives were touched by my mom in some way shape
or form, shes going to b praying for all of u, as shes reminded me many
times, lol, but just know that the lord is taking good care of her and my
family, without him, we'd all b a wreck! and none of us could go through any
of this. again, thank u all for ur suport, and i hope to talk to u soon, if
u get the chance, plz fwrd this message to as many ppl as possible, for some
reason my email limits me to sending an email to about 6 ppl at a time, and
i dont want any1 to b in shock if they hear it from some1 els, thank u all
for your prayers! god bless! my mom says hi, there is a picture i just took
a few minutes ago, and yes, that is my mom, she may look scary to some of u,
but to me, shes the most beautiful woman in the world, because she contains
christ, and i can c it in her eyes, she is truly one of gods children, ready
to come home.

Comments

Popular Posts