WEEKEND WITH THE GIRLS


I had my nieces, Kelly and Maria over last night.  We started by going to mass at St.Joseph's in Pewamo.  I wanted them to know where their grandma Burns made all her sacraments.  This is also the home parish of my friend, Annette and Maria had met Annette several times.  She was quite excited to know that Annette had gone to church here.

My mom's first cousins, Therese and Agnes where there so I introduced the girls to them.  We ended up sitting with them for a bite to eat.  One of the reasons we went to Pewamo is because they were having a town block party.  They had a big tent due to it raining off and on.  While we were there the entertainment was lip singers.  We got to see Sonny and Cher, the YMCA and Dolly Pardon who was actually a man.  It was quite funny!  There is nothing like innocent fun!

That evening we watched the Parent Trap.  This morning we went to McDonald's for breakfast and rented a very family friendly movie from the Red Box called Chestnut.  The girls loved it!  I even enjoyed it.  I then took them to Uncle Johns Cider Mill.  We took a ride around the grounds that they offer.  Then the girls played in the play area and we eventually made our way to the big barn for cider and donuts!  My favorite is the one coated with cinnamon and sugar.  We stopped in the gift shop on the way out and let them buy some candy.  We ran into Eunice, my sister in law's (Rhonda) mother.  She is always a joy to run into.  I then dropped Kelly off at Maria's where her mother was going to pick her up. 

Comments

Brenda said…
Thanks for having Kelly over, she loves hanging out with her Aunt Lisa!!!

Popular Posts