MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

I had a very nice Birthday Weekend.  I had Thursday off for Veteran's day.  It began with going out to dinner with my childhood friend LeaAnn.  I took Friday off and Brenda took me out for a Birthday lunch.  We first had to pick her youngest up from school.  So John got to join us.  As you can see from above I shared my birthday dessert with him.

On Saturday Charlie had scheduled a massage for me at a very nice place, Nicole's in down town St.Johns.  It was very very nice...........I loved it! Later that day we went to see the movie Unstoppable.  It was excellent  and of course I love Denzil Washington.  It was a very tense movie and the good guys win!  We then went out to eat where I had another birthday dessert complements of my dentist.  He does if for all his patients. I forgot to mention the monring started out with Charlie bringing me pancakes from McDonalds for breakfast:)

Then around seven I went to Linda's and we celebrated with cake!   When she first asked if I wanted a cake I said no.  But she said the kids are always wanting to celebrate so I thought what the heck!  Maria was so excited and she made her mom buy a number two candle to go with the number five candle they had in the house.  It made my day when Maria asked her mom if I was 25!  Sure just change the candles around and I'm young again!

In all reality I really wouldn't want to go back!  Each year is a gift and hopefully I will continue to grow in the knowledge of our Lord's special love for me.  As my dear friend Annette had said to me; "know that you know His love for you."  Those were her words to me the weekend we celebrated her 50th Birthday last March.

Annette always remember my birthday and I would always hear from her.  Except last year when she was in the hospital and almost died.  But the Lord chose to give her 8 more months to touch countless lives.   My friend Susan who Annette and I both lived with sent me Annette's picture and wrote:

 "Dear Lisa, just thought of this on your birthday, of Annette, and wanted to tell you: Remember, Love never dies." 

She is so right!  My friend is still celebrating with me along with my parents! And I want to thank all my Facebook book friends for all your Birthday wishes............it sure is nice to be connected isn't it!

I ended my Birthday weekend with getting my free chicken dinner at Zehnders' in Frankenmuth.  If you haven't signed up make sure you do!  It's a fun tradition to have for those of us who live in Michigan.  You have the whole month of your Birthday to get your meal.  I just found out that the resturant across the street offers a free meal as well the Bavarian Inn.  So we signed up for that for next year!

Comments

Popular Posts