CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS 2010

 Well we had a very nice Christmas!  Kevin and Rhonda hosted Christmas Eve.  Linda's and Brenda's kids
love to have it there!  To them that is an important part of Christmas. Rhonda had ham and all the fixings to go with it.

 I got the three youngest PJ's which they decided to put on. I gave Katie my mom's mother's ring.  Technically it belonged to Brenda but she really didn't want it.I had bought it for my mom because she had lost her original one where the stones where all real.   Katie was excited to get it.

The guys played cards and the the rest of us told stories of times past.  I love Christmas Eve!  Growing up we use to always go over to my dad's parents.  I also have fond memories of going over to our cousin's (the Schneider's) and we would go up stairs and wait for Santa Claus to come to there house.  I just can't remember how we did both?  Maybe Santa came early to their house?

On Christmas day Brenda has a delicious Turkey dinner for us!  It was sooooo good!  Charlie made a smoked hickory spiral ham that was also so delicious!  I ate way too much!  If you look below you will see
that Brenda decided to lay down on the floor for a quick nap.

We later watched some old videos of the three youngest.  In one of them Katie was about 2 years old and she was having a tea party with my dog Bridgett.  It was way too cute!  She would no more than put dog food on Bridgett's plate and it would be gobbled up.

I have such fond memories of Christmas.  My mom so loved Christmas and made it so special for us.  I loved having Santa Claus visit us.  She would also always have a big Turkey dinner on Christmas day unless the Fox Family party happened to be that day.  She would invite my grand parent's over for the turkey dinner.  Those we love who have died are still with us. They have just transitioned into the next life.
Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts