NINE YEARS AND COUNTING

It's hard to believe Charlie and I have been married nine years! Now I know for someone my age that is not very many!  I am so thankful that the Lord brought Charlie into my life.  And to think he was only 10 blocks away all these years!  But it was all in God's timing.

I had given up going to the singles events.  To me it felt like the land of the misfits.  I couldn't do the online dating thing because it made me anxious.  Now I know several people who have met good partners this way but it wasn't me.  People use to say God is not going to bring a man to your front door..........NO but he did bring him to my work place!!

I guess what I'm saying is we need to listen to that inner voice within us. God knew where my husband was and how we would meet.  He knew it would not be on line or at the single events.  But for others he may use those things.

I love being married to Charlie!  I'm so glad that he has taken pride in our home and is always improving it.
You see I grew up in this home and it has been in our family since the 1930's.  Especially when I was single this home was my refuge the place I felt loved and protected.  Now I have Charlie to love and protect me.

We drive each other crazy some days.  But what do you expect when you put a man and a women together in the same house?  Marriage is a sacrament and a commitment.  No one said it would be easy.  Marriage is not a fairy tail!

One of the best books I've ever read on Marriage is called  Love and War by John and Stasi Eldredge.  They have been married 25 years and they said the are just learning to love each other.  What I like about the book is they are a Christian couple and they are so honest about how hard marriage can be at times.

We live in a culture where marriage is under a lot of attack.  We have couples living together and thinking this is OK when clearly it is not.  We have people who want to redefine marriage.  How can one redefine marriage when it is God who said it's between a man and a women?

Charlie I want to thank you for loving me these past nine years.  For always being there for me even when I drive you crazy.  I love you with all my heart and I thank you for your faithfulness to me!

One last thought.  Each day is a gift.  My friends Margaret Jones and Annette Guild are no longer with us.  They have gone to be with our Lord.  I also lost my God Mother, Marlene Fitzpatrick but we always called her Aunt Toots.  They all died from cancer just like my mom did.  I know their is only a thin veil that separates me from you.............please pray for me!

Comments

Popular Posts