HAPPY 76 JEAN AND JERRY

Today January 14th my mom and her twin brother would have been 76!  Their given names were Jerome and Jeanette but they went by Jean and Jerry.  At the Baptisms there names were changed when the priest told them Jerry was not the name of a Saint so they came up with the former.  My mom always hated her given name and on her tomb stone we put Jean.  That is what all her friends called her.

My mom has been gone over 20 years.  The pain is gone but I still miss her.  I think the hardest thing is to know what a wonderful grandma she would have been.  Jennifer now 22 was only 3 months old when my mom was diagnosed with her terminal brain tumor.  She would often say; "God wouldn't give me Jennifer then zap me would he?"  But she accepted her diagnoses and was such a joy to take care of.

Mom I  have so many questions for you!  I wish you were here so I could hug you and tell you how much I admire you and thank you for the faith you have passed down to your children and now your 14 grand children.  Thank you for your faithfulness and  I so look forward to seeing you in heaven.  Happy Birthday mom and Uncle Jerry!

Comments

Popular Posts