PRIDE AND PREJUDICE


I just finished watching Pride and Prejudice last night.  I really did enjoy it!  It takes one back to an era where chivalry was Vogue.  Now I am thankful that women have more rights such as the ability to own property and to pursue different occupations.  But with progress sometimes we get set backs.

I think we as  women have lost the art of being women.  So many us think we have to prove that we are just as good as men or even better.  And I ask why?  Gen:1:27: "So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

We are different and we should celebrate those differences.  My husband has so many gifts that I don't have and I'm so thankful for his gifts.  Just as I have gifts he doesn't have.  We are meant to compliment each other.

I think the thing that I most liked about the movie is how Elizabeths' outspokenness challenged Sir Darcey to be a better man and human being!  I believe that women have so much power over men.  The problem is we've begun to act like men and not be virtuous! We can either be an Eve and lead men into sin or a Mary and lead them to Jesus.

Sir Darcy was challenged to change and to grow in character because of his love for Elizabeth.  Mind you he did this before they were married to win her heart.  We can't marry a person expecting them to change. Even though through marriage I believe we both change. Marriage is about working out each other's salvation.  God knew what he was doing imagine that!




Comments

Popular Posts