JACINTA "THE FLOWER OF FATIMA"

I feel so blessed to have a huge family in Heaven!  I believe Blessed Jacinta of Fatima has reached out to me.  I love to go to the used book sale at our library. The last time I was there I found a book about her life called: "Jacinta The Flower of Fatima".  This little girl was only seven years old when our Lady appeared to her, Lucia and her brother Francisco.  She was only 10 years old when she died.

I was very moved by this little girls faithfulness!  Now mind you she saw Our Lady and before that an Angel appeared to the children twice.  On one visit Our Lady showed the children a vision of  HELL.  You know we don't talk about hell much anymore do we?  We can't talk about God's love without talking about his holy justice!  Note:  God does not send anyone to hell!  We all have free will and if one goes to hell it's because they chose to follow the ways of the world instead of our Lord.

We need to be concerned about hell because if we are then we care about the souls of our family and friends.  Hell is a reality! After seeing Hell Jacinta lived her short life as a sacrifice.  She denied herself simple things such as not drinking when she was thirsty, giving her lunch to the poor children she came across while walking to the fields to tend her flock.

If a little girl can do this then what about us, especially during the wonderful season of Lent.  I was telling my sister, Linda about my knew found friend and she said when she went to Fatima she really felt the presence of Jacinta and her brother Francisco.  Then about an hour later she calls me to tell me that while cleaning out a cabinet she found a cassette tape on the spirituality of Jacinta and Francisco!  She said she doesn't even remember having the tape!  I can't wait to listen to it.  I also just order a recent DVD on Fatima called, The 13th Day.

What is most important to us?  Our status, wealth,friends, things or our soul?  We are only on a very short journey and for some like Jacinta only 10 years!  None of us knows the day or the hour. When someone dies quickly I often hear people say, at least they didn't suffer.  This is only good if that person was ready to meet our Lord face to face.  This is one appointment we will all face and want to be prepared for!  Let's say it's one exam we don't want to flunk!  Because our lives will be examined the good the bad and our indifference to others.

Jacinta, St.Therese and my friend Annette have all taught me the importance of praying for souls and offering up physical pain, disappointments, misunderstandings or little inconveniences for the salvation of souls!  Everything counts in God's economy.  Knowing this gave me the grace to care for my dying mother for 21 months.  When she was lying in a coma for months I could accept it!  I knew God was using it for her salvation and for the salvation of those around her!

What is going on around the world is very unnerving!  From the collapse of economies to all the recent natural disasters such as Japan.  This world is passing!  When I want to get anxious to all that is happening in the world I remember that the Lord is ultimately in control.  Our only hope is to Repent as a Nation and to return to God.  Jacinta said Our Lady was worried about modesty back in 1917!  What must our Lady be thinking now?  Thank you Jacinta I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Comments

Popular Posts