FRIENDS FOREVER

On Sunday old friends from our childhood visited us.  We knew Sandy and Carol and her family in the middle 1960's when they lived in the neighborhood that I continue to live in.  Sandy and I did everything together!  We all had so much fun sharing our childhood memories.  It's amazing what insight these old friends can bring in to our lives.

They shared things I don't even remember happening.  They also have fond memories of my mom and said she was like a second mom to them.  One of our favorite memories is all four of us sleeping in our station wagons!  Back then we were not worried about safety.  We didn't even worry about locking our doors.

We share memories with Sandy and Carol  that no one else shares with us.  They knew our parents!  They would go with us to our grandparent's homes and our cousins! We played games, house, barbies, school etc. together.  We were all devastated when they moved to Elk Rapids.  We stayed in touch off and on.  Our family even went to visit them.  They eventually moved to Traverse City and that is where they stayed.  We would see each other through out the years but the last time was 9 years ago when they were passing through town.

We have decided that Linda, Brenda and I are going to go visit them for a weekend this summer.  Then we will be able to see the rest of their family.  Their dad has passed away but their mom, Cleo is still alive.  I still remember the day in her kitchen when she told me I had pretty eyes.  It was like yesterday!  I was probably only 8 years old.........don't under estimate the power of the nice things we say to people.

It will be fun to see you Carol and Sandy! And I want to thank FACEBOOK for helping to keep us in touch!

Comments

Popular Posts