HAPPY 23 JENNIFER

My first niece is 23 and I can't believe it.  I have such fond memories of babysitting for you while I was caring for my mom.........your grandma Burns.  Such as locking us out of your home on Baker street which had the keys to my car.  I carried you for a mile to my mom's home on Emmons Street.  Or the time  you to open your mouth to take your medicine and we both ended up with pink medication all over  both of us!   You use to call your grandma "Ma" because that is what you heard us call her.  After she had passed away you went into her bedroom and asked; "Where did Ma go?"  Jennifer your grandma Burns loved you so much.  Your were the light of her life.  Though she is not here physically she is always watching over you from above!   I also remember the Valentine's Day that I was carrying you to the car to take flowers to your Grandma Tiedt and I slipped on ice so we both fell and you got a bruise on your head..........It's amazing that that your survived  for you the first two years of your life when I cared for you during the day.

I will also cherish all the times you and Rachel went with me to see your grandpa.  He use to call your "Red".  One day really stands out you where pushing him in his wheel chair through the dreamy halls of the Veterans Hospital and I remember thinking :"this is Holy".  For when we care for the disable and sick we are caring for Christ!

You have come along way since that sassy two year old!  Now you are a sassy 23 year old!  I can say that because I'm your Godmother.  I love you Jennifer and I'm very proud of you and all you have accomplished.  You are a very responsible  young adult.  You have never caused your parents any heart ache.  You are a very good big sister to your brother, Aaron..........not sure what Rachel would say:)

I'm proud to call you my niece and Godchild...........may you continue to grow in the knowledge or our Lord Jesus'special love for you.  You have been so blessed to be born into a family who have raised you in the Faith.........this world is only a short journey compared to eternity!

Comments

Popular Posts