PEWAMO PARISH FESTIVAL

Brenda, her children and I went to St.Joseph's Parish Festival in Pewamo.  I so love going there because it is where my mom was raised and went to Church.  To know I am walking on the same ground my mom played on and worshiped on!  As well as my grandparents,  Aunts and Uncles.

I ran into Annette Guild's brother, Bruce.  He had just gotten a bulls eye painting on his forehead........I laughed so hard!  Kelly was so excited because at the Fish pond game she won the last real fish!  John was disappointed that he couldn't get one.  I've never seen some one so excited over a fish!  A dog even a cat but a fish!  St.Francis of Assisi said: " little joys are Holy" and I must agree!

We ran into Mary and Jim.  Jim enjoys the tractor pulls.  He was kind enough to explain to Dominic and Joe (the Birthday boy) what it is that there is actually to watch??????

Mary went with us to the cemetery.  Where my Grandma and Grandpa Fox are along with my Uncle Jerry, Uncle Don and Aunt Barb.  I  realize by looking at the tomb stones that my Aunt Martha and Uncle Jerry were married on June10th.  So were my Uncle Paul and Aunt Martha!  This is the day that Charlie and I got engaged 10 years ago!  Uncle Paul and Aunt Helen just celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary on June 10th 2011.

My dear friend, Annette Guild is also buried there.  Pewamo is her home town and she has several family member's buried there including her parents'.  She once said to me that the Holy Spirit told her that they are a lot a like because they both like to be on the move!  Only my friend's body rests there because her Spirit is with the Lord and she is busy praying for all of us she left behind!

What a nice day it was!

Comments

Popular Posts