MY VISIT WITH THE WALKER'S



I had the best time at Nancy and Bob's!  They live on a quaint little lake in a quaint little town near Kansas City Missouri.  They have a 1953 little boat that we cruised around the lake on.  Of course after I left they got their pontoon...........I will be back to enjoy that!

There home is right on the lake and each morning we would have our coffee on the screened in porch and look out at the lake.  There is something so peaceful and so GOD about water!  Jesus does say he is the living water:)

At night we would sit on the dock with a glass of wine and talk!  Nancy and I lived together for several years in Steubenville along with several other fine women including our dear friend Annette.
I was in her and Bob's wedding in 1988.  Friendship is such a gift from God and I feel so blessed to have these two wonderful people in my life.  Though we don't see each other often when we get together we just begin  as if we have never missed a beat!

Our friend Karen joined up Friday afternoon until Sunday night.  We had a blast with her as well!  Nancy took us shopping and she and Bob took us to a cigar shop.  On Saturday night we went to O'Mally's 1842 Irish Pub.  It is in an actual Cave with two different levels and two different  stages.  We had a blast!  I loved the music!  As we were walking in to to listen to folk singer Bob Reeder I was laughing and he stopped and looked right at me as I covered my mouth in embarrassment...............well we hit it off the rest of the night! 

I even had to get up and do the motions to a song he was singing.  He challenged me, that if I could get the whole crowd involved in the motions to the song, he would mail me one of his Cd's!  Well I like a challenge and I can tell you that I was successful in getting every person in that Pub involved!  But it's been a week and I'm stilling waiting for that Irish CD!

I am half Irish and half German. The stubborn part of me is German and the fun and crazy part is Irish:)  Thought I do think I got my laugh from my German mom.............she had a wonderful laugh!  And I can tell you we laughed so much that night at the Pub.  There is nothing like good Irish music and an Irish sense of humor!

We were all sad to see Karen leave on Sunday night!  She is so much fun to be around.  On Monday  the Walkers took me to Kansas City. What a beautiful and clean city.  I can see why they love living in Missouri!

It was a wonderful vacation and I can't wait to go back!  The only think missing was my husband!  I so want Charlie to go with me next time.  Thanks Nancy, Bob and your sons, Chris and Joey (the two oldest are on their own).  I had such a wonderful time!  I came home refreshed and energized!  You are such a blessing in my life and so are you Karen.  Love you all!

Comments

Popular Posts