CELEBATING LIFE

I can't believe I am 53 years old!  I remember my Uncle Dick talking about getting older and it seems that it just crept up on me!  Now mind you I would not want to go back to my youth unless like the old saying goes..... only if I knew then what I know now!.........Though the older I get the more I realize what I don't know!  Oh to be young again and to think you know everything and can control everything!

I would, however, like to think I'm a little wiser and calmer about life.  Though I'm so much more aware of the world's ills .  In reality we can thank our original parents, Adam and Eve for the sinful mess the world is in.  We sure don't  have to look far to realize we need a Savior!  My favorite Professor, Fr. Francis Martin use to say Sin is so serious that God had to send his son.  He would compare it to a company that is in trouble, you don't go to the secretary you go to the top.......the President of the company.   That's how serious sin is.  I'm greatful that I know I'm a sinner in need of a Savior.

I'm the age my mom was when she was diagnosed with a terminal illness.  Though I don't fear death it's just a sobering reminder that life is a gift and we never know when our journey in this world will
end.  It will be a joy to be reunited with my mom and my dad.  I can't wait to meet the Tom Burns, God created him to be.  He will be whole!  And of course I can't wait to see Jesus face to face and God and the Holy Spirit and all the Saints ect... ect!

This past year was a good year!  Seeing all my college roommates and being reunited with Sandy and Carol our childhood friends.  Going to Missouri to see the  Bob and Nancy!  Going to Mexico with my husband. Getting togetherwith the extender Burns family because my Uncle Dick and Aunt Connie where recently in town. I'm blessed to have a good husband and an extended family that I love..........all those nieces and nephews! 

My prayer is that I will continue to grow in the knowledge of God's love for me.  I beg the Holy Spirit will fill me with his gifts so that I may be more like Christ.  I pray that I will see others throught he eyes of Jesus and have mercy and love for them.

Comments

Popular Posts