LAS VEGAS 2011

Well this was our second time in Vegas.  We both decided that it would be along time before we ever go back.  It was exciting the first time because every thing was so new and glamerous!  But glamour is fleeting and so shallow!

We had not been to Fremont Street( old down town) so we walked! It was probalby at least four miles! Were we crazy or what!  But it felt good to get some exercise since we ate at many buffeys! Tell that to my ankels!  On our way back we tried to figure out how to use the bus system.  It cost us $5 each just for a ride back to our hotel. 

While we were waiting for the bus there were two homeless men also there. One of the men, Frank sat down by me and was fiddling trying to open the food he had just bought.  I say fiddling because his right hand was in a cast.  A car had hit him while he was trying to dodge trafic. I found this out after striking up a conversation with him.

I realized that this man is a human being with a story so I started asking him questions.  It turned out he was a Vietman Veteran.  He was a father but had not seen his family in years.  He said they were better off without him.  I could tell he was very inteligent by the way he spoke, and I told him this and he thanked me.

He could have had a carear in the military but he said it just wasn't his thing.  His father had made the military his carear.  I asked him why he lived in Vegas and he said it was cheap.  One thing that struck me was that while he was eating his shrimp another homeless man told him it looked good and he gave him one to eat.  I though how generous!

I enjoyed our conversation and was kind of sad when the bus came.  I asked him then what his name was and told him I would pray for him and I will.  I hope to see him in eternity! He is a suffering soul.

Comments

Popular Posts