TENTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

'
I write this on the Eve of Charlie and my tenth wedding anniversary.  I can't believe it's been ten years already.  I know for a person of my age that isn't very long because most people have been married longer, but it still went very fast! 

I think any marriage is a work in progress....because we are each a work in progress.   You put a man and women together and there will be conflicts...........it's a sand paper ministry.  We are a broken people because of original sin..........it wasn't meant to be hard!  Thanks Adam and Eve for screwing things up!

Now that I've admitted we are both sinners and are not perfect, I'm so thankful for the grace that comes with the Sacrament of marriage. I think it's important to have a sense of humor and always be willing to say, "I'm sorry".  We bring our own baggage and our own way of doing things.  So why would we expect not to have any conflicts?

People use to ask me if marriage was an adjustment because I was 43 when I got married and I would say that being single was always an adjustment for me.  That's all I wanted in life was to be married..........I didn't really want to go to college ...........I really did not want a career
........but life so often does not go the way we want....but God new better he knew I needed these things!

I wanted to have children and stay at home like my mom did.  That however, was not God's plan for my life.  Because my sisters and I were single at the time we were able to care for my mother when she had terminal cancer.  Because I was single I was able to be there for my mentally ill father after my mom's passing. Because I don't have my own children I have more time for my nieces and nephews and have a good relationship with them.

God is good!  I'm so thankful that He brought Charlie into my life!  He loves me dearly........do I drive him crazy at times...........YES!  But he loves me!  Does he drive me crazy at time..........YES! ........but I love him!  We are working out each others salvation!

Thank you Jesus for your perfect plan for our lives!  Thank you for bringing me a faithful husband who comes home every night:)  Thank you for all that he has taught me about slowing down so I can smell the roses, notice the trees and listen to the birds! Charlie loves nature and when we live with someone else we learn to love (well somethings) that they love.

Not only is God good but he is faithful!  He know the desires of our hearts.........you can trust him......he created you! Thank you Lord for bringing me Charlie!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Lisa & Charlie,

Love you guys and am so glad to have you as friends. God bless you on your 10th !! // Susan B
Lisa said…
Ellen Gibbons LeStourgeon Happy Anniversary!
12 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Rose Hambleton Happy Anniversary, Lisa & Charlie. You are such a cute couple. Love you both!!!!!
11 hours ago · Unlike · 1.












Jerry Johnston Happy Anniversary! ((-:
10 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Anne Rademacher Read our blog Lisa...it was great..congrats again!
10 hours ago · Like.



Lisa Burns Wieber Thanks Ann!
9 hours ago · Like.
Lisa said…
Hannah Christenson Wow 10 years... that makes me feel old! :) But congrats Lisa!
21 hours ago · Like.



Lisa Burns Wieber ‎:)
21 hours ago · Like.







Brenda Burns DeLiso Why can't I get it to come up?
21 hours ago · Like.







Lisa Thelen Smith Happy Anniversary to you and Charlie and many, many more!!
21 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Paula Wiseman Happy anniversary! i can't believe it's been ten years!
21 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Anne Rademacher Happy Anniversary!
21 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Susan Harvey Happy Anniversary!!! May God bless you with many more years to come. :0)
16 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Charles Biewer wow, time flies! :) Happy Happy to you both!
14 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Heather Dubbs happy Anniversary and many more.
14 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Michelle Wilson-Renaud U and Charle? Omg, seems like the wedding was just yesterday!!! Congrad!! So happy for u!
14 hours ago · Unlike · 1.












Mary Eddie Purvis can't believe its been 10 years! congrats!
13 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







James Kuzma Happy Anniversary and may you have many more ... Kuzmas
13 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Linda Burns Biewer Happy Anniversary!
13 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Rhonda Burns Happy Anniversary Lisa and Charlie!!
12 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Candice Hull Lugibihl Happy Anniversary Lisa & Charlie! and many more!!
12 hours ago · Unlike · 1.



Lisa Burns Wieber I don't know something happened to my blog!
12 hours ago · Like.







Edna Eaton Happy Anniversary Guys
8 hours ago · Unlike · 1.







Brenda Burns DeLiso Happy Anniversary, I hope that you enjoyed your dinner out
2 hours ago · Like.



Lisa Burns Wieber Yes we went to Shepherd..........a new resturant very niceQ
20 minutes ago · Like.

Popular Posts