CHRISTMAS COOKIES

Well today Linda and some nieces and nephews came over to help me make Christmas sugar cookies.  Now I remember why I hate baking..........I'm so scattered and I make a total mess of my kitchen.  I was so appreciative for the helping hands.  The little kids helped for a little bit then they were more interested in playing and checking out the presents under the Christmas tree. 

The picture  of Katie and Linda in the the lower right hand corner has allot of orbs!  You can think what you want but I like to think that maybe my mom was making her presence know. 

I was struggling with a few things last week and asked God for a reassuring sign.  Well that night I got a piece of mail from the St.Johns Credit Union addressed to my mom!  They were offering her to buy some life insurance and it had her current age and birth date on it.  At the time I though we closed that account almost 22 years ago they need to get there act together!

It wasn't until later that night that it hit me that I had asked for some kind of reassuring sign.  My mom loved and believed in me and she encouraged my evaglistic spirit especially in the last two years of her life.  I knew I had recieved my reassruing sign.  Then this morning at mass I experienced her in away I never have.  She shared some encouring words with me........it wasn't verbal it was heart to heart.

The Communion of Saint's are present with us at mass.......she and my father and Bishop Fulton Sheen, Catherin Doherty, St.Therese and all those I admire who have gone before me are present and rooting for us!  It was so powerful!

God meets us in the everyday things of life.  Look at the Holy family!  They led a normal hidden life until Jesus's public ministry.  They taught us that the simple things in life done well are holy.  As we continue to prepare ourselves for the baby Jesus's coming this Christmas let's not forget to communicate with the one who is the reason for season!

When someone says Happy Holidays respond with Merry Christmas!  I wonder if they even know that Holiday mean Holy Day?

Comments

Popular Posts