MARY MOTHER OF GOD


Today Catholics celebrateThe Solemmity Mary the Mother of God!........God could have come into the world any way that he wanted after all he was God!  Can we even begin to imagine the humility of our Lord and Savior?  I know I can't!

I love this picture because is makes Mary looks so real.........you know what, she was and she is!  God chose this special women to entrust his son to...........she was sinless!  Hey God can do anything.........Adam and Eve where created without original sin.........until there pride got the best of them.  This is where Mary differs.........she was humble and her heart was open to what God asked of her.

Her life was not easy.......far from easy!  Becoming pregnant in a time where she could have stoned to death had Joseph not stood beside her (and it took a visit from an angel to convince him!)....Then they had to flee to Egypt because King Herod had all first born sons killed up to the age of two.......can you imagine how broken her heart must have been for all of those grieving mothers?

Then she came home to Nazareth and they lived a very normal quiet life.........but even a normal life had no modern conveniences such as we have!  What was it like go raise God?

What was it like to let your son go and have the religious establishment turn on him?  What was it like to watch him carrying the cross.........to see him hang on the cross?  To know he was perfect love and the world turned on him.........what was it like Mary?

What is it like now that many turn there backs on him and you?  Holy Mother of God  I love you and I love your Son.............I fail in so many ways..........I get discouraged and I think at times you son doesn't care about me..........but that is because I am looking at the world through my own little world view.........how arrogant is that!

Mary teach me to be humble as your are and to say yes to Jesus as you did.  It is only in humility that we can truly be one with your son. Thank you for saying yes!

Comments

Popular Posts