AKUMAL BEACH MEXICO

Charlie and I went back to Akumal Beach Resort in Mexico for the second time.  The weather was not the best we had a lot of clouds and some rain but we still had a good time.  We went a week later this year and to our surprise Deb and Brian where there as well.  We had met them last year and this is their twelfth time they have been to this resort.

They brought another couple with them, Dave and yes another Deb.  We had so much fun with them!
Right away Dave reminded me of someone but I couldn't put my finger on who.  So he said others have said he reminds them of Regis Philbin.  That was it!  He had the same sense of humor and mannerisms............he made he laugh so much!  Then about 3 days later I had this insight........he also reminded me of Ted Baxter the character in the Mary Tyler Moore show. So then he did an impersonation of Ted and it was good!

The next morning at breakfast he said , "OK no more of this Ted Baxter stuff, Regis is cool but Ted isn't."  Again I laughed so hard!  These couples live in Canada and Charlie and I plan on taking a road trip to go see them this summer.

One of the days when the weather wasn't cooperating we went into Playa del Carmen.  We shopped and stopped into Senor Frogs for a drink.  Again a lot of laughing was going on!

The best day we had weather wise was our last full day there.  We enjoyed every minute!  On our way home we were stuck at the Cancun airport for an extra 5 hours.  So we were up at 5am and didn't get home until 10pm. I know It sounds like I'm complaining and I guess I was but the inconvenience of traveling was worth being on a beautiful beach for 7 days!  That is  just the down side of traveling.  But I came home refreshed and I'm always glad to come home because I love my home and pets!

Comments

Popular Posts